This project demonstrates a simple audio signal transmission through optical fiber. This project was a 10 points assigement from the course of Optoelectronics. On figure below photo of the project schematic is given. Optical fiber used in this project was 20 m long plastic optical fiber (POF) MH-4001. Optical transmitter uses a standard 5 mm LED. Receiver part consists of IF-D92 phototransistor from Industrial Fiber Optic and LM386 audio amplifier module.
- Project schematic and pcb: sch&pcb
- Fiber-optic transmitter box model on thingiverse: model
- Demo video on youtube: video
- Optical fiber used in this project: MH-4001
- Phototransistor used in this project: IF-D92
VIDEO GALLERY:Joomla Plugins